Project Manager Wind - Delivery, Commissioning and Warranty (m/f/d) - (80%-100%)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Are you keen to take ownership of wind projects - of large scope - covering the project phase between delivery to factory and end of warranty? This is your chance to help shape our business as Project Manager in the growing offering in Wind. In this role, you will be fully responsible for the successful delivery, installation, testing and commissioning of wind converters as well as the effective management of warranty cases and lifecycle services to key accounts. This will also include ensuring that targets relating to deadlines, costs, and other specific goals are met. Additionally, your duties will encompass coordination of different experts in this phase, reporting, content, scope and change management, and issues such as project-related risks, business opportunities and procurement.
This is a position with global grade
This position reports to
Global Business Developmnt Mgr Packaging
- Take partly commercial and full technical responsibility for your projects and manage effective structuring, planning, budgeting, and execution from delivery until end of warranty
- Ensure that all contractual requirements are met while establishing and maintaining a fruitful relationship with our key customers and their needs and operations.
- Take responsibility for the achievement of commercial targets (revenue, cash flow, NWC, margins)
- Establish a commissioning team with resources from ABB hubs and suppliers, ensure a smooth operation of the team
- Ensure that Health & Safety and Quality standards are met, which will also include setting up Health & Safety plans
- Monitor projects and execute regular reporting (from time sheet to field service report)
- Repeated presence on customer sites worldwide may be needed to ensure own field services can progress fluently and effectively
- Optimize use of resources, including those in local organizations
- Contribute to internal improvement projects and ensure they are implemented in accordance with Lean Six Sigma methodology
- Degree in Engineering, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, and experience in managing customer projects especially covering field services. Experiences working on project sites will be an advantageous asset.
- Knowledge of power converters as well as experience in managing commissioning and warranty cases for such components
- With your customer focus and leadership skills you contribute to the success of your projects. You have a very positive attitude towards challenges and change and appreciate explicitly to contribute to this. You want to improve your work environment continuously in line with the strategy of your business area
- Ability to work successfully in a complex organization
- Proven track record in contract and claims management
- Knowledge of site administration (permit to work, gate access etc.)
- Strong command of English, good French or German skills are a definitive asset, other language skills too
- Well-developed communication skills and mindset needed to work within an international team and provide professional and timely responses to queries
- Assertiveness, results-oriented approach, and excellent analytical abilities
- Availability to travel up to 50%
More about us
ABB System Drives is a global supplier of high-power, high-performance drives, drive systems and packages for industrial processes and large infrastructure applications. With our industry leading technology and global support, we help our customers, partners and equipment manufacturers with asset reliability, performance improvement and energy efficiency in mission critical applications. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We all together make the difference for our customers every day. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). The recruiting process is being led by Peter Reinhardt, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. ABB Data Privacy Statement:https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidateWork model: hybrid #LI-hybrid