R&D Engineer / Embedded Software Engineer for Wind converter (w/m/d) 80 - 100%
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Do you want to revolutionize medium-voltage converters used in wind power generation to decarbonize the world? We are looking for an R&D Engineer with strong expertise in control of grid-connected converters and a keen interest in the interaction of converter-interfaced resources in power systems to join our world-leading R&D team working on medium-voltage wind converters. In the multi-cultural environment of the R&D department you have the unique opportunity to collaborate with world class experts in the field, further develop your knowledge and understanding of a wide range of interdisciplinary topics and benefit from excellent career opportunities. In our global R&D Power Electronics competence center in Turgi, Switzerland, we are looking for a technically experienced software engineer, who is open-minded, customer-oriented and innovative. Your job will be to develop the control software for medium voltage wind converters, contribute to the software architecture for our products and bring the software to the next level.You will work within a team responsible for the full range of activities associated with the development of control software in medium voltage converters. Are you a team player who collaborates across organizational levels in an intercultural environment in an agile set up? Then this is an opportunity not to miss! It's time to rewrite your future - welcome to ABB!
This position reports to
R&D Team Lead
- Responsible for the full range of activities associated with the development of software used in medium voltage converters for Wind applications.
- Design embedded real-time software running on the CPU.
- Contribute to the software development strategy in your area.
- Involved in the whole software development life cycle: Requirements engineering, design, implementation, tests, and maintenance.
- Contribute to software testing to ensure defined quality standards are met.
- Provide professional technical support for internal customers (Level 4, Commissioning)
- Plan and refine work packages with colleagues.
- Degree in the field of Electrical, Computer and/or Software Engineering
- Minimum three years of relevant industry experience
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- Experience in embedded application design and implementation
- Proficiency with Git or similar version control systems
- Experience about CI/CD processes, Jenkins or equivalent tool.
- Sound knowledge of power converters and motor drives, preferably for wind converters
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills together with drive, commitment, and team spirit
- Fluent in English
More about us
ABB System Drives is a global supplier of high-power, high-performance drives, drive systems and packages for industrial processes and large infrastructure applications. With our industry leading technology and global support, we help our customers, partners and equipment manufacturers with asset reliability, performance improvement and energy efficiency in mission critical applications. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We all together make the difference for our customers every day. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). The recruiting process is being led by Peter Reinhardt, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.ABB Data Privacy Statement:https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidateWork model: hybrid #LI-hybrid