R&D PCB Layouter/Designer (80%-100%)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Our Traction electronics team develops electronic control systems for our converters and converter families based on the most modern and reliable control technology. We develop the key components for the evolution of our ABB traction products to strengthen our position in the target markets. To strengthen our highly motivated team, we are looking for a technically and culturally open-minded layouter (f/m/d) for printed circuit boards.As R&D PCB Layouter/Designer you will work with a wide range of PCB technologies. From simple boards to high density, high power, high voltage, analog/digital and mixed signal.
- PCB design (circuit diagrams and layout) using CAD Tool considering design for testing, design for manufacturing, thermal requirements, EMC-, railway- and IPC-standards.
- Building up new components in the CAD component library
- Product data management and preparation of production data packages
- Close collaboration with interdisciplinary development project team
- Maintenance and continuous improvement of our CAD toolchain and PCB design guidelines
- Apprenticeship with focus in electronics and a professional technician degree (Techniker Schule / B.S. in electrical engineering)
- Professional experience with multilayer PCB design and layout
- CAD Tool experience (Zuken CR-8000, Altium Designer, Mentor Pads or other)
- Familiar with product data management (bill of materials, material master data)
- Team player with enthusiasm for electronics and manufacturing technologies
- Good knowledge of German and English
- Familiar with standard Office-Software (Word, Excel)
- Creativity and quick comprehension as well as independent, structured, and proactive way of working
- Flexible work practices
- Gym membership
More about us