At Deloitte, you can make an impact
We believe that we're only as good as our people.
Together, we're building an inclusive, open, and high-performance culture where you can truly be yourself and where your contributions are celebrated. We encourage you to be bold, think big, and challenge the status quo. So when you ask yourself, “What’s different about Deloitte?” The answer resides in the many specific examples of where we have helped our clients, our people, and society to achieve remarkable goals, solve complex problems, and make meaningful progress.
That’s what makes us truly different at Deloitte. Not how big we are, where we reside, or what services we offer. What really defines us is our purpose to make an impact that matters in the world.
What impact will you make?
What you can expect:
As a Manager / Senior Manager within this service area, you will have responsibility for:
- Leveraging your in-depth knowledge of future trends of energy efficiency management, environment health and safety (EH&S) and climate change strategies to lead and client stakeholder meetings
- Improving quality of EH&S systems such as safety or compliance training, compliance reviews, and other EH&S programs and advise on best practises of environmental risk identification, assessment and management
- Using your market experience (8 - 10 years) and expertise in the area of sustainable supply chain and circular economy to support our clients on their journey to a more sustainable future
- Understanding of Sustainability (CSR) related technology landscape and technical capabilities to lead technology implementations and advise on data collection, analysis, verification, and visualizations, including setting, communicating, and tracking performance metrics
- Supporting CSR go-to-market initiatives and growing Deloitte’s sustainability proposition
- Educating and advising both internal and external stakeholders on EH&S, energy efficiency management and associated risks (physical and transition) by translating science-based information into understandable and actionable insight
- Acting in the capacity of an engagement leader, taking ownership for all aspects of engagement delivery from scoping, programme and team selection through to delivery, risk & quality management and budgetary control
- You have minimum 8 - 10 years of relevant work/project experience in the area of corporate responsibility and sustainability
- Masters’ degree in chemistry, physics, environmental science, engineering, or related degree required
- A high aptitude for identifying, establishing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders in the Swiss market
- Experience in risk management and regulatory compliance including technical knowledge of energy management, environment health and safety and decarbonisation strategies
- Experience in professional services / consultancy as an ‘engagement lead’ and subject matter expertise, such as in sustainable finance, climate science, decarbonisation, energy transition, and/or climate risk modelling
- Proven experience in communicating technical subject matter to a non-technical audience across hierarchy levels and industries
- Proven capability in managing a team of 5-10 people, and supporting/mentoring team members in their personal development
- Understanding of the EH&S regulatory landscape, climate change policy and as well as wider ESG reporting and disclosure
- Excellent written and oral business communication skills
- Proficient in English, fluency in German and a second Swiss national language are an asset
How you will grow:
At Deloitte, you can drive your career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll be able to participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives and make an impact not only with our clients, but with your peers and society at large. You will also find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Your development is important to us and to the firm, so you’ll have the opportunity to grow through every step of your journey at Deloitte.
Deloitte is a leading global consulting and accounting company, with approximately 312’000 people in 150 countries and territories. In Switzerland, we provide industry-specific services in the areas of Consulting, Risk Advisory, Audit & Assurance, Financial Advisory and Tax & Legal. With more than 2,000 employees at six locations in Basel, Berne, Geneva, Lausanne, Lugano and Zurich, we serve companies and organisations of all legal forms and sizes in all industry sectors.
Any questions? Get in touch.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please submit a complete application, including CV, cover letter, references and degree certificates, using our online career portal www.deloitte.com/careers.
If you have any questions, please contact Rebecca Hodge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies for this position.